The master program in Data Science welcomes international students. If you’re interested in becoming our students please pay attention to the admission process for the international applicants below.
There is a separate admission process for international applicants. On the contrary to the admission for Ukrainian applicants which includes various exams, the foreigners should fill an application form with necessary documents and pass an online interview as a second stage of the admission.
Application requirements and documents
The requirements to be acceptable for the admission include:
- Bachelor degree in the following fields: Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Natural Sciences
- English level B2; we accept TOEFL or IELTS certificates
- Programming experience
You will need to provide the following documents and information in the application:
- International passport (scan-copy) with your picture, name, and passport ID
- Bachelor diploma (scan-copy) with the list of the courses and grades
- Master diploma (scan-copy) with the list of the courses and grades (optional)
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of academic institutions and programs attended, industrial experience (if any), and other achievements (scientific papers, conference talks, volunteering experience, completion of MOOCs, etc.)
- Eligible certificate for English language level (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Motivation statement of why do you want to study in Ukraine and at Data Science UCU program specifically
- Personal contacts (E-mails and phones) of three persons who may provide a recommendation for you. Such persons may be your professor and/or dean from the previous academic institution and/or your supervisor/boss from your company or volunteering organization
Non-eligible applications will be rejected automatically.
The admission process for foreign applicants includes the following steps:
- May 31st, 2020 – application form for the foreign applicants
- June 7th, 2020 – application form results where the applicants will get an invitation for the online interview or rejection of their applications
- June 30th, 2020 – providing the official documents to the admission office
- From 1st to 10th of July, 2020 – online interviews
- July 12th, 2020 – final application results
The online interview will be conducted with the master program director, dean of the Faculty of Applied Sciences, and one or two faculty members. The interview may include
- motivational and general world view questions and
- professional and background questions in math and programming
In the case of a successful application, the applicants should provide official documents (notarized translation of the official credentials, medical insurance, etc.) For a detailed list of the necessary documents please look at “Documents for admission of international applicants” page. The selected applicants should provide those documents during the first half of July in order to obtain a student visa before the 1st of September, 2020.
The tuition fee for international students
The Data Science master program’s tuition fee for international students is 10,000 USD. The fee payment is split into four parts, which a paid in September 2020, January 2021, September 2021, January 2022.
For more information please contact [email protected].
The cost of obtaining a master’s degree in Data Science in Europe
Faculty of Applied Sciences of UCU has attempted an exploration of the topmost Data Science master’s programs in Europe in order to figure out: how much will a student of a master’s program from the mentioned list need to spend during their study (considering the program cost and the cost of living in the respective country) and what financial reward in the industry can they expect upon graduation? You may check the research report here: The cost of obtaining a master’s degree in Data Science in Europe.