Course overviewThe Cloud Platforms course makes an overview of cloud computing systems and gives basic practical knowledge to hit the ground running:
- The course starts with core concepts, like compute power, storage, networking, and how they are represented in public cloud environments.
- Then it explains how to stitch applications together: resource management, identities, security, and monitoring. cloud economics and how not to get skyrocketed bill.
- The journey ends with a practical project to apply the learned skills.
Course topicsTopic 1: On-premise short description
- What is good, what is bad, risks
- Compute resources(On-Premise VS Cloud)
- Storage(On-Premise VS Cloud)
- Network to connect them(On-Premise VS Cloud)
- Compute: functions, containers, VMs, orchestrators (k8s, elastic-beanstalk/service-fabric)
- Storage: S3/blobs, disks, databases
- Networking: pvc/vnet, sec-groups, load-balancers, etc
- Platform as a Service: streaming, IoT, data-processing, etc
- Resource management
- Built-in integration of misc services
- Traffic price (ingress/egress, cross-zones)
- Pricing tiers
- trade-offs, where learn services stand at this scale
- Basic Linux shell skills: use terminal, work with files and directories.
- How to use git and GitHub
- Intermediate coding skills: create/consume API, use data-storages, transform, and shape data.