The summer courses applicants should agree to the terms of service listed below.
Terms of Admission
- To apply for participation, candidates fill out the application form at https://zfrmz.com/kBkz3hqAvhmgzr9L4VdE
- Сandidates provide actual and accurate information about themselves with the correct contact information.
- The application deadline is July 21st.
- Decisions on enrollment in the courses are made within 1 day from the date of receipt of the application from the candidate.
- All participants have the opportunity to complete homework.
- The organizers might contact candidates additionally to clarify their skills and knowledge.
- English skills at level B1 or higher.
- Programming: The knowledge of Python’s basic syntax and main mathematical library usage (e.g., Numpy). R language skills are obligatory.
- Basics of Statistical Inference.
- Basic of Machine Learning.
- Courses last from July 25–August 4th.
- There is one day off – July 31st.
- The organizers provide a list of required software for the courses, but each participant is solely responsible for the availability of the recommended software on their laptops.
- The organizers do not provide access to extra computing power (dedicated computing servers, cloud services such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.). The participants must take care of access to such services by themselves in case of necessity.
Tentative daily schedule:
8:00 am – 10:00 am UTC– class #1
10:30 am – 12:30 am UTC– class #2
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm UTC– class #3
3:30 pm – 5:30 pm UTC– class #4
Participation Fee Payment
- Approved candidates must pay courses’s tuition fee during the period defined by the organizing committee (usually 3 days after approval).
Cancellation and Refund
- In case of refusal to participate, the organizers do not refund tuition fees.
Communication during the summer courses
- The organizers communicate with the registered participants via email. The email addresses provided in the registration form will be used for communicating.
- During the summer courses, additional communication tools will be used, e.g. Slack. A concrete set of communication tools will be provided to the participants before courses.
Slack communication rules
- No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in Slack
This thread defines spam as unsolicited advertisements for goods, services, and/or other websites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam Slack with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums, etc.
Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
We have special channel #promotions where you can share useful links
- DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers
- Do not post copyright-infringing material
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
- Do not post “offensive” posts, links, or images
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
This is the thread for professionals.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in this thread, you are expected to obey this rule.
What happens if I break the rules?
- We will delete your posts that violate the rules mentioned above
In case you continue to break the rules, we will:
- Remove your account from LvDS 2022 Slack
- Cancel your participation in LvDS 2022
- The participants are granted the official online certificates based on successfully completing at least one homework of course, where each long course is valued at 1 ECTS credit.
- If necessary, the participants may get an online appendix to a Сertificate of completion with a detailed list of the courses after which the assignment is performed. Also, an appendix includes ECTS credits (depending on the number of completed assignments). This appendix can be used to transfer credits at the home university (please, note that the transfer decision is made by the home university independently).
- In the case of attending only courses, students will receive a Certificate of Attendance.