Terms of service
The summer school applicants should agree to the terms of service listed below.
Terms of Admission
- To apply for participation, candidates fill the application form at https://zfrmz.com/i7M1SBzwT6HSXenli5fw.
Please note that the registration form will be available from 1 March 2021.
- Сandidates provide actual and accurate information about themselves with the correct contact information.
- The application deadline is July 15th.
- Participants, who select optional credit courses, have to fill the fields “Statement of motivation” і “Data Science Background” in the application form, otherwise, we can’t consider your application for the credit courses.
- The number of places to attend courses is unlimited.
- The number of homework assignments is limited on courses – 30 places per course.
- Participants, who have paid only for school participation, have the opportunity to choose optional credit courses during the registration period, which lasts until July 1. You can select a course following this link: https://zfrmz.com/xyYojfN957vnLpyhytFy
- The organizers might contact candidates additionally to clarify their skills and knowledge.
- To qualify the proper candidates, the organizers might additionally check the candidate’s knowledge by asking to complete a test, provide a certificate, or through other means.
- English skills at level B1 or higher.
- Programming: The knowledge of Python’s basic syntax and main mathematical library usage (e.g., Numpy). R language skills are obligatory.
- Basics of Statistical Inference.
- Basic of Machine Learning.
- School lasts from July 19–30.
- There is one day off – July 25th.
- The organizers provide a list of required software for the courses, but each participant is solely responsible for the availability of the recommended software on their laptops.
- The organizers do not provide access to extra computing power (dedicated computing servers, cloud services such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.). The participants must take care of access to such services by themselves in case of necessity.
Participation Fee Payment
- Approved candidates must pay the school’s tuition fee during the period that is defined by the organizing committee (usually 3 days after approval).
Cancellation and Refund
- In case of refusal to participate, the organizers do not refund tuition fees.
Communication during the school
- The organizers communicate with the registered participants via email. The email addresses provided in the registration form will be used for communicating.
- During the summer school, additional communication tools will be used, e.g. Slack. A concrete set of communication tools will be provided to the participants before school.
Slack communication rules
- No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in Slack
This thread defines spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services, and/or other websites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam Slack with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums, etc.
Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
We have special channel #promotions where you can share useful links
- DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers
- Do not post copyright-infringing material
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
- Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
This is the thread for professionals.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in this thread, you are expected to obey this rule.
What happens if I break the rules?
- We will delete your posts that violate the rules mentioned above
In case you will continue to break the rules we will:
- Remove your account from LvDS 2021 Slack
- Cancel your participation in LvDS 2021 Online
- The participants are granted the official online certificates based on successfully completed at least one homework from long courses, where each long course is valued at 1 ECTS credit.
- If necessary, the participants may get an online appendix to a Сertificate of completion with a detailed list of the courses after which the assignment is performed. Also, an appendix includes ECTS credits (from 1 to 6 credits, depending on the number of completed assignments). This appendix can be used to transfer credits at home university (please, note that the transfer decision is made by the home university independently).