Lviv Data Science Summer School
About Summer School
Lviv Data Science Summer School is an educational initiative of the Faculty of Applied Sciences of the Ukrainian Catholic University. The Summer School participants – undergraduates, Ph.D. students, young professionals – study state-of-the-art methods and tools of Data Science, Machine Learning, Business Analytics. The school is oriented towards the basic level of participants’ knowledge. The school’s working language is English.
The goal of the Summer School is to give the practice-oriented knowledge in the field of Data Science.
The students are involved in several elective practice-oriented courses in the domains of Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Healthcare, Social Network Analysis, Urban Data Science, etc.
The next stage is substantially dedicated to working on the projects. The project topics are provided by the supervisors: school’s lecturers, representatives of IT companies, and other partner organizations. The project work during several days means implementation and approbation of the previously obtained knowledge and skills. The project teams present their results publicly at the end of the school.
The participants can gain 4 ECTS credits after school completion.
- Customer Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Teaching
- Fairness and interpretability in Machine Learning
- Discrete Computation Graphs
- Applied Econometrics (Macro and Finance)
- Machine Learning for time series and sensor data
- Deep Learning for Computer Vision
- Bayesian Thinking for Applied Machine Learning
- Machine learning for financial data structures
- Conversational Design
- Introduction to Urban Data Science
- Security and Privacy of Machine Learning
The scientists from well-known universities and the leading specialists of the Ukrainian and world’s companies taught at the summer school.
Проекти учасників літньої школи
- Representation learning for image classification
- Machine Learning for Spectroscopic Data
- Visual Inspection of Wind Turbine Blades
- Recommendation Engine for a Procurement System (Zakupki.prom.ua)
- Human segmentation mobile app
- Text generation for job advertisements for rabota.ua
- Text detection/recognition on memes form social networks: Team 1
- Text detection/recognition on memes form social networks: Team 2
- Forecasting the creation of additional groups in kindergartens in Lviv
- Genetics of bacterial antibiotics resistance
- Smart Parking
- Identifying important skills for data scientists based on salary levels
- Study our ability to recreate the parameters of a probability distribution
- Bayesian Inference, Causality, Machine Learning
- OCR in the wild for the Ukrainian language
- Economic Case-Making on Migration in Germany
- Consumer-facing Chatbot for the University Environment