Yaroslav Prytula is the founding dean of the Faculty of Applied Sciences at the Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU) and an adjunct professor of quantitative methods for business decision-making and economics at the UCU Business School. He previously served as an associate professor in the Department of International Economic Analysis and Finance at Lviv Ivan Franko National University (LIFNU) and has taught and conducted research at various international institutions including George Washington University, the Open Society Institute Academic Fellowship Program in Budapest, the Institute for Higher Education Policy in Washington DC, and George Mason University. He has held a number of competitive international fellowships including the William and Helen Petrach Visiting Research Scholarship (2001) and a Fulbright Research Scholarship (2013-14).
Yaroslav Prytula was awarded a Ph.D. in Mathematical Analysis from LIFNU in 2000. His current research is related to quantitative methods in social science, socio-economic regional development in Ukraine, and corruption and informal practices in business and higher education in Ukraine.
Current research is related to quantitative methods in social science, socio-economic regional development in Ukraine, and corruption and informal practices in business and higher education in Ukraine.
1. Denisova-Schmidt, E., Huber, M., Prytula, Y., 2022, Perceived Anonymity and Cheating in an Online Experiment, Eastern European Economics, 60:6, 540-558, DOI: 10.1080/00128775.2022.2114913
2. Denisova-Schmidt, Elena & Prytula, Yaroslav: Endemic Corruption in Higher Education: Lessons from Ukraine. In Denisova-Schmidt, Elena (ed.): Corruption in Higher Education: Global Challenges and Responses. Leiden : Brill, 2020, p. 20-24.
3. Vadim Ermolayev, Oleksii Molchanovskyi, Yaroslav Prytula Proc. 1st Masters Symposium on Advances in Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Computer Vision (MS-AMLV 2019), Lviv, Ukraine, November 15-16, 2019, CEUR-WS, vol. 2566, March 2020, 124 p.
4. Denisova-Schmidt, E., Huber, M., Prytula, Y., 2019. The effects of anti-corruption videos on attitudes towards corruption in a Ukrainian online survey., Eurasian Geography and Economics, 60:3, 304-332, DOI: 10.1080/15387216.2019.1667844
5. Prytula, Yaroslav; Pohorila, Natalia: Recent Regional Economic Development in Ukraine: Does History Help to Explain the Differences? In Schmid, Ulrich & Myshlovska, Oksana (ed.): Regionalism without Regions. Reconceptualizing Ukraine’s Heterogeneity. Budapest : CEU Press, 2019, p. 297-366.
6. Prytula, Yaroslav, Individual Risk Attitudes in Ukraine, In Schmid, Ulrich & Myshlovska, Oksana (ed.): Regionalism without Regions. Reconceptualizing Ukraine’s Heterogeneity. Budapest : CEU Press, 2019, p. 367-371.
7. Denisova-Schmidt, E., Y. Prytula, Rumyantseva, N., 2019, Beg, Borrow, or Steal: Determinants of Student Academic Misconduct in Ukrainian Higher Education, Policy Reviews in Higher Education, Vol 3, No. 1, 4-27. DOI: 10.1080/23322969.2018.1518726
8. Denisova-Schmidt, E. and Y. Prytula, 2018, Business corruption in Ukraine: A way to get things done?, Business Horizons, 61(6), 867–879 . https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2018.06.004
9. Denisova-Schmidt, E. and Y. Prytula, 2017, Ukraine: Endemic Higher Education Corruption, International Higher Education, Number 90, Summer 2017, 16-18. DOI: http://dx.doi/org/10.6017/ihe.2017.90.9745
10. Denisova-Schmidt, E. and Y. Prytula, 2017, Trust and Perceived Corruption among Ukrainian Firms, Eastern European Economics, V 5, 324-341. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00128775.2017.1312455
11. Denisova-Schmidt, E., M., Huber and Y. Prytula, 2017, Corruption among Ukrainian Businesses: do firm size, industry and region matter?, in J.Leither and H. Meissner (eds.), State Capture, Political Risks and International Business. Cases from Black Sea Region Countries, Routledge, 108-119.
12. Denisova-Schmidt, E. & Prytula, Y., 2016. The Shadow Economy and Entrepreneurship in Ukraine. In: The Entrepreneurship and Shadow Economy edited by A. Sauka, F. Schneider and C. Williams. s.l. Cheltenham, UK: Edgar Elgar, 151-168.
13. Denisova-Schmidt, E. and Prytula, Y., 2016, Business Corruption in Ukraine: Myths and Realities, The Finish Review of East European Studies, Vol 1, 94-95. (In Finnish)
14. Denisova-Schmidt, E., Huber, M., Prytula Y., 2015, An experimental evaluation of an anti-corruption intervention among Ukrainian university students, Eurasian Geography and Economics, Vol 56(6), 713-734. DOI: 10.1080/15387216.2016.1155467
15. Denisova-Schmidt E., Leontyeva E., Prytula Ya., 2014, Russian and Ukrainian Higher Education Systems: Possibilities for Comparative Studies on their Genesis, Structure and Corruption, Vestnik TOGU, Vol. 3 (34), pp. 263-266 (in Russian)
16. Prytula Ya., Kuzenko N., 2013, Structural reforms and regional convergence in Ukraine, Regional Economy, Regional Economy, #1 (67), pp. 7-16 (in Ukrainian)
17. Prytula Ya., Pohorila N., 2012, Socio-economic determinants of international migration, Journal of Identity and Migration Studies, Vol 6, pp. 3-26.
18. Charemza W., Makarova S., Prytula Ya., Raskina Yu., Vymyatnina Yu., 2009, A small forward-looking inter-country model (Belarus, Russia and Ukraine), Economic Modelling, V. 26, November, pp. 1172-1183.
19. Prytula Ya., Umpleby. S., 2008, Improving Performance of Universities in Transitional Economies. In Robert Trappl, editor. Cybernetics and Systems ’08, Austrian Society for Cybernetics Studies, 408-413.